Google+

Friday, May 28, 2010

Am I a Hoarder?

Well, maybe.  At least when it comes to craft supplies.

I realized today that I don't send out very many cards.  I make a lot of cards but I don't send very many out.  I just can't seem to part with any of the cards I make. In fact I've actually gone to the store and bought a card so I didn't have to part with one of mine.  The ones that turn out really good I just want to keep and admire.  I'm sure no one else would appreciate them as much as I do. The ones that turn out not so good...well I'm just too embarrassed to send those out. It's kind of like a hoarding disorder.

I'm like that with my craft supplies too, especially paper.  I have a whole stash of paper that I love.  Do I use it?  No. It's to pretty to use or I have to wait until I come up with a project that's worthy of it.  Then I have a whole stash of paper that I hate.  I don't know what I was thinking the day I bought it. But it's so ugly that I just can't bring myself to make anything out of it.  Sometimes I think about giving it away but then I wonder what that says about me as a person if I spread the ugliness around.  And throw it out? No, never. I spent good money on that paper however ugly it might be.

Well my goal from here on out is to send out more cards.  I am going to start with this one.  I am going to send out birthday cards and thank you cards and get well cards and thinking of you cards and..... I think you get the idea.  So all of my friends out there look for a card in the mail.  I want to try to get a card out to all of you by the end of June. And If I don't have your address and you'd like to get a card from me just send me an email with it and I'll send you out a card. 

Materials:

  • Stamp Set: Fun & Fast Notes (#113500 - $33.95)

  • Ink: Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad (#101179 - $5.95)

  • Stampin' Write Markers:
    • 09/10 In Color Stampin Write Markers - Colors used:  Rich Razzleberry & Crushed Curry  (#116329 - $17.95/6) (on sale 25% off - now $13.46 while supplies last)
    • Old Olive - (#100079 - $3.25)

  • Card Stock:
    • Rich Razzleberry (115316 - $5.50/24)
    • Crushed Curry (115319 - $5.50/24) (on sale 50% off - now $2.75 while supplies last)
    • Old Olive
    • Whisper White

  • Designer Paper: Cottage Wall (115671 - $9.95) (on sale 25% off - now $7.46 while supplies last)

  • Punches: Large Flower (#118073 - $15.95), 1 1/4" circle (#104403 - $15.95)

#113500 - Fun & Fast Notes - $33.95
#118073 - Fancy Flower Punch - $15.95

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what card I get!! Will it be the one you keep because you like or the one you are embarrassed to send???? I guess I could give it back to you either way!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: