Google+

Friday, June 4, 2010

Artisan Award? Maybe If I'd Sent It In...

 
I made this bank a while back when I was thinking of entering the Stampin' Up! Artisan Award contest.  It was going to be one of my 3D projects.  But as often happens, time got away from me and I just couldn't get all of the necessary projects done. On the bright side, Aubrey can't wait to start putting money in her new bank.  To make this bank, I covered an empty candy container with Sending Love Specialty paper. I used the Word Window punch to make the slit in the top.

To make the flowers:
  1. Punch out 8 pieces with the XL Fancy Flower punch.
  2. Spritz them with water and scrunch them up. The water makes them easier to scrunch and gives them a softer look.
  3. Flattened them back out and stack them up
  4. Then punch a hole and put a brad through the center of the stack to hold them all together.
  5. Start with the top flower and scrunch it around the brad as tight as possible.
  6. Do the same with each flower scrunching tight around the brad and the flower layer above it.
  7. Loosen the layers back up until you have a flower that appeals to you.

To make the leaves.
  1. Punch scallop ovals out of green cardstock.
  2. Spritz with water
  3. Fold in half the long way (hot dog)
  4. Then tightly accordian fold
  5. Unfold and attach to bottom of flower

Materials:
  • Sending Love Specialty Paper (retired)
  • Card Stock:
    • Real Red
    • Pretty In Pink
    • Gable Green (102795) (retiring - available while supplies last)
  • Punches:
    • Word Window
    • XL Fancy Flower (118073)
    • Scallop Oval
    • Scallop Trim Border



4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an awesome project! So glad you stopped by my blog, I will have fun checking out your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love your flowers. Thanks for playing along at the P3 blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I saw this at SCS, so glad you entered it in our 3D challenge at Paper Cubed! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Paper Cubed!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: