Google+

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Color Combination Challange (A Tough One!)

This card was made for the Color Combination Challange (CC274) on Splitcoast Stampers.  The challenge this week is to create a card using the colors Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral and Ruby Red along with any neutral. I have to tell you this was a tough one for me. I would not have normally put these colors together, and it did take me most of the day to wrap my mind around the challenge.

I think overall the card came out pretty good. In fact my husband just walked in and picked up the card.  I immediately said "I know, it's not very good, but it's for a challenge". He replied, "What are you talking about I think it looks great. I really like the colors."  So I guess maybe the color combo might not be as strange as I first thought.

Oh, and since Ruby Red and Cameo Coral are retiring colors I even managed to use up some of my paper stash!

Materials:
  • Stamp Set:  Things I Love (115229)
  • Ink:  Basic Black
  • Card Stock:  Ruby Red (102030), Cameo Coral (100475), Tempting Turquoise (102067), Basic Black (102851), Whisper White (100730)
  • Designer Paper:  Ruby Red from Patterns Pack Designer Series Paper III (116234 - Hostess set)
  • Punches:  1 1/4" Circle (104403), 1 3/8" Circle (104401), Small Heart (117193)

Items in RED are retiring and available only while supplies last.

(follow the link and look for the SHOP NOW button)

3 comments:

  1. I love your card. Reading your blog was a pleasure. Thank you for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute! I hope that you can play in my challenges sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments: