Google+

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Color Throwdown #100


Today's card is inspired by the Color Throwdown Challenge
Color Throwdown is celebrating their 100th Challenge this week and there are some awesome prizes to be won. Check out their blog and play along if you have some time. The colors to be used this week were regal rose, certainly celery, real red and baja breeze. Since I haven't ordered my designer paper from the new catalog yet, I used some retired Baja Breeze paper from my stash. I really like this paper but I have got to get my act together and place an order from the new catalog. I love so many of the items in the new catty that I keep adding things to my order. Then I realize I can't afford everything and I take some off, but then I really want them so I add them back on. And round and round we go.  I think I will have to host a Stampin' Up! workshop of my own and earn some of the things I want for FREE! 

Speaking of hosting a workshop. If any of you would like to host a workshop and earn FREE merchandise plus a FREE 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog let me know.  Just send me an email and and we'll get the party started!

TIP:  I used aqua painters and classic ink pads for the watercoloring on this card.  Squeeze the top and bottom of closed ink pad case together. Some ink will be left on the inside top of the case when you open it.  Use the aqua painters to watercolor with this left behind ink.



Materials:

  • Stamp Set:  Fun & Fast Notes (113500)

  • Ink:  Baja Breeze (111833), Certainly Celery (105217), Real Red (103133), Regal Rose (105211)

  • Card Stock: Whisper White (100730), Certainly Celery (105125), Real Red (102482), Regal Rose (105130)

  • Paper:  Baja Breeze (retired)

  • Accessories: Certainly Celery ribbon (retired).  Button from stash, Aqua Painter (103954)

Visit my Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Website to




6 comments:

  1. such a sweet card, it makes me smile...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with Color Throwdown 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image, such a cute card! I can completely identify with your SU! orders, adding, deleting, adding, deleting, etc. Sounds like the story of my life! LOL
    Thanks for playing along with the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Diana! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate CTD challenge #100!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mixture of plaid/polka dots....Thanks for taking part in this exciting 100th Color Throwdown Challenge.....don't forget to hop around to all the blogs and leave some love...that will increase your changes of winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. liked the color combination and the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: