Google+

Thursday, August 26, 2010

PPA57 - Because I Care



The card today was inspired by Pals Paper Arts Challenge 57 (PPA57). I used Stampin' Write markers to color in the flower image from the Level One Hostess set: Because I Care. I stamped the image with Basic Black ink.  I then colored the entire image with a blender pen after that I used my markers to add color and used the blender pen again to blend the colors.

TIP:  I found that it is much easier to blend the Stampin' Write colors when the image had been "pre-treated" with the blender pen.

The Old Olive designer paper is from the retired Sweet Pea pack. But I have good news! The new designer paper that I ordered last week arrived today and wow are they gorgeous.  I really love the Jolly Holiday paper and I will be busy for the next couple of days designing Christmas cards for our annual Christmas Card Stamp Camp. Details for this event will follow soon!

Materials:

  • Stamp Set: Because I Care (Level One Hostess Set)

  • Card Stock:  Whisper White, Old Olive, Concord Crush

  • Ink: Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad

  • Stampin' Write Markers: Old Olive (100079), Concord Crush (119801 - In Color Asst.), Blender Pens (102845)

  • Punches:  Scallop Oval (119856), 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval (119855)

  • Retired: Sweet Pea Designer Paper









5 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the hydrangea! Great tip about the blender pens. I will have to try it! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It even looks better in person! Very nice! Can't wait to see the Jolly Holly paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the deep color of the hydrangea! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job coloring it all in. Love what you did. Thanks for playing PPA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. It is nice to see a variety of ways to use the "Because I care" stamp set. I have yet to use mine. TFS and GB.

    Diana
    b4ustamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments: