Google+

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

CAS84 - Inspired by a Birthday Wreath

I created today's card for the Clean and Simple challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge for this week (CAS84) was to create a clean and simple card inspired by this photo of a birthday wreath from HowDoesShe.com. The first thing I noticed about the wreath were the colors. So I grabbed a few pieces of card stock. Since the wreath is made of balloons, the next thing I thought of were circles. So I grabbed some circle punches. But what stamp set to use? As a surveyed by stacks of stamps my eyes came to rest upon my poor, lonely, still unmounted Itty Bitty Bits set. I decided it was the perfect set for this card. So I set about mounting it and that got the stamping under way. 

Materials:
  • Stamp Sets:  Itty Bitty Bits (117056), Party Hearty (111532)
  • Ink: Basic Black (101179), Pumpkin Pie (105216), Real Red (103133), Melon Mambo (115656), Daffodil Delight (119667), Pacific Point (111837), Tempting Turquoise (100814)
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point
  • Accessories:  1/4" Black grosgrain ribbon (109027), Daffodil Delight Buttons from Brights Asst (119747), 1/2" circle punch (119869), 3/4" circle punch (119873) 



3 comments:

  1. This one stopped me in my tracks and made me say, "Now THAT is gorgeous." What a wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on fire! The awesome creations keep coming! You must be taking alot of showers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Eye catching for sure!

    Following from SC :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments: