Google+

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Halloween Art

Did you know stamping is not just for cards? Stamp an image, put it in a frame and voila, you have a piece of art! Pretty sweet don't you think?

Today I was putting up my Fall/Halloween decorations and realized I needed some wall art. I headed for the shower thinking I would take a trip to Kirkland's or Marshall's to see what they had. While I was in the shower it hit me. (I always seem to get my best ideas in the shower) I had purchased a bunch of frames on clearance at Michael's a while back and they were sitting in a corner of my craft room. I bet could make some artwork.  And that's just what I did.

Materials:
  • Stamp Set:  Greeting Card Kids (120633 - clear or 119887 wood)
  • Ink:  Basic Black Classic Ink Pad (101179)
  • Card Stock:  Basic Black, Old Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
  • Designer Paper:  Old Olive from the Brights paper pack (117155)
  • Stampin' Write Markers:  Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Soft Suede
  • Blender Pen  (102845)






14 comments:

  1. What a grat idea Diana. I'm following you now from the SC connection. My blog is:
    http://pennytokensstampingspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! It's so cute! Your coloring/blending is awesome! Even your candles and plants match! So cool! And here I thought I was the only thinking about dragging out the Halloween stuff, LOL! Yayyyy, I'm not alone! I'm a new follower from SC!

    chanda stehlik
    www.onecraftymommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to let you know that I am now following you from Stampin' Connection.
    Hope you will follow me too at
    http://queenbeascraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! What a great idea! I am now following you! http://www.stampinchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful artwork you created.
    I'm following you from Stampin'Connection.

    Hope you have time to follow me. I'm #188 on the list.

    take care,
    Debbie
    www.bzstampr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I'm now following you from SC!

    http://www.scrapdrawerdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Thanks for Sharing. Following from SC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to frame it for a yearly decor! You did an awesome job. Following from SC.

    Martha
    stampinmartha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that stampin is artwork in a frame! following you now and thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your art and I'm following you also. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your thinking on this one. Great idea to share. Thanksfor stopping by my blog and I am following you also now and, hey, you live in Florida, but then you knew that. I am all the way the other end, Washington state, but my mother lives there and I get down there from time to time. May be we can meet up sometime. I also love the name of your blog, another great idea. Keep up the great creativity and Happy Crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so cute!! love how the colors coordinate with the candles!! perfect decor!!

    i'm now following you thru SC too. Thanks for dropping by!
    http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments: