Google+

Sunday, September 5, 2010

PPA58 - With Sympathy

The Pals Paper Arts challenge this week is entitled "Pretty in Pearls" and challenges us to create a clean simple card using pearls.  I didn't have any of the Stampin' Up! 1/2 back Pearls on hand. (although they will be on my next order) What I did have were some wired pearls that are used for flower arrangements. So adapting what I had to the challenge; I trimmed them down to card size and affixed them to my card with some glue dots.  Then I added a black satin ribbon (what goes better with pearls than black satin?) and a pretty button from my stash.

One of my daughter's teachers had a death in her family this week and I thought this beautiful simple card would be perfect to express our condolences. So I stamped the "With Sympathy" greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.

Materials:
  • Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
  • Ink:  Basic Black Classic Ink Pad (101179)
  • Card Stock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Marina Mist
  • Designer Paper: Night and Day Specialty (retired)
  • Punches:  1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval (119855), 1 3/8" x 5/8" Oval (119863)
  • Ribbon:  5/8" Basic Black Satin (117285)
  • From my stash: Button and wired pearls

6 comments:

  1. SUPER pretty...love your use of pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy are such difficult cards, you did an amazing job!! The wired pearls are perfect accents. Thanks for joining us @ PPA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Classy and elegant! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: