Since I've been feeling a little uninspired lately I decided to go out blog surfing to see if something would light my fire. But sadly — No. And it isn't because I didn't see a ton of gorgeous cards. There are so many talented paper artists out there that I'm envious.
I decided I am just in a slump. I went to the book store and checked out the magazines...no inspiration.
I wandered the isles of Joanne's and Michaels...no inspiration.
I came back home and looked through old catalogs/idea books...no inspiration.
I went through my stash of paper, looked at all the stamp sets on my shelves...no inspiraaa...wait what's that set hiding back there?
Fun Fast Notes:
It was Fun & Fast Notes. The good old standby that came in my starter kit. No one seems to use this set any more. I felt like it was crying "What about me? Don't forget about me". Somehow this set seemed to fit my mood. I decided to take it out and like the stamp says, get it all spruced up.
Pals Paper Arts Challenge
As I was completing this card I new it needed a little something more. Then I thought about the Pals Paper Arts Challenge for this week, and decided it could use a couple of buttons. This was just the finishing touch it needed to make this card truly "All Spruced Up".
- Stamp Sets: Fun & Fast Notes (113500)
- Ink: Basic Black Classic Ink Pad (101179)
- Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650), Old Olive (100702), Cherry Cobbler (119685)
- Paper: Jolly Holiday Designer Paper (117159)
- Stampin' Write Markers: Old Olive (100079), Cherry Cobbler (119681), Daffodil Delight (119677), Soft Suede (120973)
- Accessories: Old Olive buttons from Brights Designer Button assortment (119747), Linen Thread (104199)