Google+

Sunday, October 3, 2010

All Spruced Up






































Feeling Uninspired:
Since I've been feeling a little uninspired lately I decided to go out blog surfing to see if something would light my fire. But sadly — No. And it isn't because I didn't see a ton of gorgeous cards. There are so many talented paper artists out there that I'm envious.

I decided I am just in a slump. I went to the book store and checked out the magazines...no inspiration. 

I wandered the isles of Joanne's and Michaels...no inspiration. 

I came back home and looked through old catalogs/idea books...no inspiration.

I went through my stash of paper, looked at all the stamp sets on my shelves...no inspiraaa...wait what's that set hiding back there? 

Fun Fast Notes:
It was Fun & Fast Notes. The good old standby that came in my starter kit. No one seems to use this set any more. I felt like it was crying "What about me? Don't forget about me".  Somehow this set seemed to fit my mood. I decided to take it out and like the stamp says, get it all spruced up.

Pals Paper Arts Challenge
As I was completing this card I new it needed a little something more. Then I thought about the Pals Paper Arts Challenge for this week, and decided it could use a couple of buttons. This was just the finishing touch it needed to make this card truly "All Spruced Up".

Materials:
  • Stamp Sets:  Fun & Fast Notes (113500)
  • Ink:  Basic Black Classic Ink Pad (101179)
  • Card Stock:  Very Vanilla (101650), Old Olive (100702), Cherry Cobbler (119685)
  • Paper:  Jolly Holiday Designer Paper (117159)
  • Stampin' Write Markers:  Old Olive (100079), Cherry Cobbler (119681), Daffodil Delight (119677), Soft Suede (120973)
  • Accessories:  Old Olive buttons from Brights Designer Button assortment (119747), Linen Thread (104199)





3 comments:

  1. Happy to see this cute set....I just used it too, for a ladies' stamp camp I did. Love that you used wc paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I love the layout! Thanks for playing with the Pals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card!! Always love when tried and true sets get used!! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts

    ReplyDelete

Comments: