Google+

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Little Card...Big Shot



I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I recently got myself a Big Shot. I know what you're thinking, because I'm thinking it too....How and why did I wait so long to get one?  It is definitely my favorite tool/toy in my craft room.  Just make a "sandwich" with cutting plates, die and paper...crank the handle...and you have shapes.  Lots of shapes.  Flowers, butterflies, buttons, swirls, boxes, envelopes and much more. And it doesn't just cut paper. You can cut through plastic, metal, cork, chipboard, and vinyl. There are so many possibilities!  Just want to add some texture?  The big shot embosses too!

For today's project I made a little  2" x 3" Birthday card with matching envelope. I used my Big Shot to cut the little scallop envelope out of Daffodil Delight designer paper. The envelope was so easy to make. Not only did the big shot cut out the shape but it even scored the fold lines for me.  I just had to fold and glue.

Materials:
  • Stamp Set:  Bring on the Cake (121899) (Occasions Mini)
  • Ink:  Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad (101179)
  • Stampin' Write Markers:  Daffodil Delight (119677), Melon Mambo (121074), Tempting Turquoise (100058)
  • Card Stock:  Tempting Turquoise (102067), Daffodil Delight (119683), Whisper White (100730)
  • Designer Paper:  Daffodil Delight from the Brights Paper Pack (117155)
  • Tools:  Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Scallop Envelope Die (113462)


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Can we make some of these? or similar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Trying to find people who have die cutting machines to enter a giveaway on my blog for a cutting die. Not many entries and it ends Friday. :)
    http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2013/02/lifestyle-crafts-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments: