This is the second card we made for card making night. This one uses the Nature Walk stamp set. I really like this set and best of all...I got it free at the Stampin' Up! Regional event in Orlando.
Now, I have to tell you, there was some debate about what the "no. 147" had to do with the bird image. Someone suggested that perhaps it was a field guide reference number. The truth is it doesn't really matter, it doesn't have to make sense, it only has to look good. I thought it was a nice design element which filled the space under the birds tail rather nicely. A few people did choose not to use it and that's OK because it's all about what you think looks good.
- To get achieve the ruffled ribbon look, lay a piece of sticky strip down on your card, then take a piece of ribbon about twice as long as the sticky strip and press it down onto the sticky strip, gathering it as you go.
- Basic Pearls are the perfect embellishment for the Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. They add some "bling" as well as some dimension to your cards.
- Cards always look good with some texture, use the Big Shot and an embossing folder to add texture to your card stock. Ribbon is also a good way to add texture.
- Stamp Set: Nature Walk (WM 121925 CM 121997)
- Ink: Soft Suede Classic Ink Pad (115657)
- Card Stock: Whisper White (110730), Soft Suede (115318), Concord Crush (119792), Cherry Cobbler (119685)
- Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Always Artichoke Seam Binding (121000), Basic Pearls (119247), Sticky Strip (104294), Big Shot (113439), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335)