Have you ever seen a card that you thought looked good but maybe was missing something? Sometimes just small touches can take a card from good to great.
Embossing is a perfect way to add texture and interest to a card without using designer paper. The background of this card was embossed using the "Square Lattice" embossing folder. The texture in the background makes the card look richer and more professional than just a flat piece of card stock. Another small touch that can really add to your card is "dressing your button". Adding linen thread and ribbon to the button makes it look more finished.
Although this card would have been fine with a flat piece of card stock in the background and a naked button I think it's the little details that can really elevate a card.
- Stamp Set: Kidoodles (122867)
- Ink: Basic Black Classic Ink Pad (101179)
- Stampin' Write Markers: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose,
- Card Stock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
- Tools: Big Shot Machine (113439), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (119976)
- Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Marina Mist Button (119745 - Subtles Pack), Linen Thread (104199)
CLICK HERE to visit my ETSY shop
for unique cards, invitations and party favors