Google+

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thinking of You with a Handmade Card

Stampin' Up! Thinking of You Card

Today's card is a "Thinking of You" card.

My mom recently asked me to make her a supply of handmade cards. She needs a whole variety...birthday, get well, thank you...but what she really wants are "Thinking of You" cards.

The Convert:
My mom has never been someone who sends out cards.  Recently, on a whim, she sent one out to a friend that she hadn't seen for several years. The heartfelt response she received to that card was enough to convert her into a "card sender".  She had never realized how much something as simple as sending out a card could mean to someone.

The Confession:
I have a confession to make.  Even though I make and sell cards for a living, I am awful about actually sending them out to people. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. So, as soon as I finish making a stack of cards for my mom, I am going to start my own card sending campaign...or at least I'm going to try...

Some Notes:

  • This thinking of you card was created with paper from the Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack which can be found in the Spring Mini Catalog. 
  • With all of the excitement about the color refresh, the retiring list and the new catalog, I had forgotten that the products in the mini catalog were still available until May 31.  
  • There are some pretty awesome products in the Mini Catalog. 
  • If you need a copy let me know and I'll send one out to you. I still have several of them left.



Card Making Tip - adding a few pearls to the punched out butterflies really makes them POP!  It always amazes me what a difference such a small detail makes in the look of my card.


Materials List:  (All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)

  • Designer Paper:  Print Poetry (#129312 - Spring Mini Catalog)
  • Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Almost Navy (retiring)
  • Stamp Set:  Sweet Essentials (#126457 - Clear Mount)
  • Ink:  Midnight Muse
  • Accessories:  Elegant Butterfly Punch (#127526), Basic Pearls (#119247)



Shop for Stampin' Up! supplies online 24/7!

Visit Acarrdian Cards on Etsy
for unique cards, invitations and party favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: