Why give a handmade card? This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. It's easy to go to the store and buy a card. You can even get some cute cards at the Dollar Store. So why give a handmade card? What makes a handmade card so special?
First Let's Look at Mass Produced Cards:
- Mass produced cards are just that, massed produced.
- Thousands of copies of the same card are printed and sold by retail stores around the country.
- There is really nothing special about a mass produced card.
- They are flat and lack personality.
Qualities of Handmade Cards:
- Handmade cards possess a unique artistic quality that mass produced cards lack.
- Most handmade cards are either “one of a kind” or “limited editions”.
- They are hand constructed and designed by the artist.
- Handmade cards often have multiple layers of card stock and designer paper.
- They may feature hand stamped and colored images.
- They can be embellished with ribbon, buttons, die cuts or bows. They have texture and feel luxurious.
- They satisfy the senses.
People know and appreciate the thought that goes into either creating or selecting a hand crafted card. Each individually crafted card takes on it's own personality and reflects your personal style. If you are creating your own cards your designs choices are limited only by your imagination. You are free to design a card that is perfect for the intended recipient.
If you are purchasing your handmade cards online from an Etsy seller or other individual, you will likely find that the card maker is more than willing to create cards especially for you.
Shop for Stampin' Up! supplies online 24/7!
Visit Acarrdian Cards on Etsy
for unique cards, invitations and party favors.