|Father's Day Gift Card Holder|
Thank goodness for my little one. Was it not been for her frequent
The first place I head is to my stash. I know it's lame...but come on...I'm sure that's where you'd go too. Why not? The stuff's already made.
I pulled out this gift card holder and decided I'll just run to the grocery store, grab an itunes gift card and we'd be all set.
- Aubs: We have to do something Special.
- Me: Special? My gift card holders are special.
- Aubs: But you didn't make that just for dad.
- Me: Yes I did. It says Dad doesn't it?
- Aubs: Gives me a "lets be real" look and leaves the room.
So, I guess I'll be spending the rest of my day trying to help her think of something REALLY special.
If you want to make a gift card holder for your Father/Dad/Husband...Here is the tutorial:
- Cut a piece of card stock to 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" (you can make 3 gift card holders from 1 piece of 8 1/2 x 11" CS)
- Score CS @ 2 1/2" on one end and 2" on other end.
- Use Rounded Corner Punch to round corners on the 2" end
- Cut 3 pieces of Designer Paper
- Use Rounded Corner Punch to round corners on one side of 1 3/4" piece of Designer Paper.
- Run adhesive along side edges only of 2 1/4" side of card stock and fold up to form gift card pocket
- Attach designer paper to outside of gift card holder
- Attach a small piece of velcro to 2" side and fold down.
- Embellish as desired.
- I used "Dad" from the Family Reunion stamp set.
- The set also contains "Husband" and "Grandpa".
- This set retired June 1st. So if you have it, use it. If not, visit my Etsy shop and I'll make up a card for you!
Materials: (all materials are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted)
- Scrapbook Paper (DCWV)
- Card Stock
- Night of Navy
- Riding Hood Red
- Naturals White
- Stamp Set: Family Reunion (retired)
- Ink: Night of Navy
- Tools and Accessories:
- Paper Trimmer
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool
- Corner Rounder Punch
- Modern Label Punch
- Large Oval Punch
- Decorative Label Punch
- Velcro (at Jo-Ann Fabric)
Visit Acarrdian Cards on Etsy
for unique cards, invitations and party favors.