Google+

Monday, October 28, 2013

What Kind of Thanksgiving Table Do You Set?


What kind of Thanksgiving table do you set? Formal with fine china, cloth napkins and place cards? Buffet style with paper plates? Or something in between?

I've always wanted to have a formal Thanksgiving table.  You know, like Martha Stewart meets Norman Rockwell. The problem is, we have a small house, a tiny dining room and lots of people. So out of necessity, we end up having a buffet style Thanksgiving on paper plates with everyone eating wherever the feel most comfortable. Usually, the men are in the family room watching football. Women in the dining room with wine and gossip, The kids at the coffee table in the living room watching a Christmas movie.

If I could set a formal Thanksgiving table, I would use these place cards. They have just the right balance. The kraft cardstock give them a casual tone, while the printed names gives them a touch of elegance.  

These were pretty easy to make. The most difficult part was setting up a template in my word processing program to get the names in the right spot.  Once I had that set, I printed the names on a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" kraft cardstock, cut out the place cards, scored them and embellished them with an autumn colored cardstock leaf which I cut out using my Big Shot.

While I can't use these on my Thanksgiving table, you can! They are available in my Etsy Shop, AcarrdianCards or go ahead and make them for yourself.  If you do end up using them, send me a photo. I love to live vicariously!

Materials:
  • Paper:  
    • Base:  65lb Kraft cardstock (Michael's), 
    • Leaves:  Variety of Autumn colored cardstock (Stampin' Up!)
  • Tools:
    • Big Shot (Stampin' Up!)
    • Simply Scored - Scoring Board (Stampin' Up!)
    • Leaf Dies (Cuttlebug)

or 
Visit AcarrdianCards for handmade cards, tags and party favors!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: