Google+

Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Card...Just Because

And Many More Card - Park Lane

MOJO Monday Challenge:  

Today's card is inspired by the MOJO Monday Challenge #357. Sometimes when I feel a little stuck for ideas I check out some challenges to get some inspiration. This challenge was just what I needed! 

If you need some inspiration hop on over to the MOJO Monday Blog and check out some of there card sketches.





Park Lane Designer Series Paper
This card was created with some more paper from the Park Lane Designer Series Paper pack. I know I've said it before but I love this paper pack!  All three of these cards were created from paper from the same package.


Stampin' Up! CardMasculine Stampin' Up! Birthday CardStampin' Up! Birthday Card


It's in the Details
Sometimes it's the smallest details that really elevate a card. When I originally had this card layed out on my table I was planning to glue the butterflies down flat. But it didn't look quite right...the yellow butterfly blended into the page while the blackberry butterfly was too stark against the yellow paper.

Then I tried using Stampin' Dimensionals to "pop" them off the page. That was perfect. It added just enough dimension. The yellow butterfly no longer faded into the background and the blackberry butterfly was lifted off the page, softening the contrast.

My final touch were the rhinestone jewels. 4 of the 3mm jewels are the perfect fit for the butterfly's body.


Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's card:
Click on any image for more information or to visit the Stampin' Up! on-line store.


Happy Crafting!
  Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: