Google+

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Masculine Happy Birthday - The Traveler

Traveler Birthday Card - Stampin' Up!

Today I needed a masculine birthday card...
No flowers or butterflies for this card. So I reached for the Stampin' Up! Traveler stamp set. The Traveler set has images that are perfect for creating anything masculine. I think the monochromatic color scheme also makes the card look more masculine.


Park Lane Designer Series Paper
The paper I used today was a sheet from the Park Lane Designer Series Paper pack.  And, like I said before, this paper pack really is versatile! It carried us from a flowery feminine card a few days ago, to this masculine card today.

Park Lane DSP


The Details
I stamped the image and sentiment on Whisper White cardstock with Soft Suede ink. Then the "happy birthday" was punched out using the Word Window punch...a personal favorite tool!

The sentiment is from the new Stampin' Up! And Many More stamp set...I think this will be my new favorite sentiment set.  Check out the image of it below. You can see all 23 sentiments that are included!

The ovals and the banner were cut out using the Big Shot. The Oval Framelit Dies really make layering a breeze

I added some detail to what would be an otherwise plain card, by wrapping some Thick Baker's Twine in Brown Sugar around the card. I attached the ends of the twine to the back of the card front with some tape before attaching the card front to the base...this keeps everything in place

The "happy birthday" banner is popped off the card by using some Stampin' Dimensionals to attach it.


Traveler Birthday Card


Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's card:
Click on any image for more information or to visit the Stampin' Up! on-line store.


Happy Crafting!
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: