Google+

Monday, August 18, 2014

Perfect Blends...My Digital Studio and Traditional Card Making


Coffee and Friends are the Perfect Blend
Today's card is a perfect blend in more ways than the lovely sentiment...It was created with a blend of traditional card making and digital card making.  This "hybrid" card combines the best of two worlds.  The artwork was designed in Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio and then printed out on my home printer. I then mounted it on two layers of cardstock for a truly handmade feel!

Traditional vs Digital Paper Crafting
I have always avoided digital paper crafting. Although it offers so much flexibility and design choices,  I didn't want to make printed cards. I think handmade cards with their layers of cardstock, designer papers and embellishments have a superior and luxurious feel...And then I discovered "hybrid" cards.

Hybrid Cards
Hybrid cards are the best of both worlds. The design possibilities are endless. By designing and printing the main image electronically and then using traditional paper crafting techniques for the rest of the card, you can achieve the exceptional quality of a handmade card with the flexibility of a digital card.



 Try it for FREE
If you'd like to give digital or hybrid paper crafting a try, Stampin' Up! is offering a 30 day FREE trial on their My Digital Studio...It is easy enough for beginners but offers lots of great tools for advanced designers too. 

Happy Crafting!
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: