I just love today's card. It's a card in a box! Not only does it make a stunning presentation, but it actually folds flat to fit in a standard A2 size envelope for easy mailing.
To create the box base for this card:
- Start with a 9" x 5.5" piece of cardstock.
- Score the in half, the long way at 2 3/4"
- Score the other way at 2 1/8", 4 1/4", 6 3/8" and 8 1/2"
- Cut along the 2 1/8", 4 1/4", 6 3/8" score lines on one side to the middle (shown above in red)
- Remove the shaded parts in diagram above.
- Fold along score lines to make the box (bottomless)
- Apply sticky strip to the small tab with the corner snipped of to secure box.
To create inside supports for embellishments:
- Cut two pieces of cardstock 3 1/8" x 1 1/5"
- Score each end the short way at 1/2" (see photo)
- Fold like a "Z" and secure inside box with sticky strips.
- Decorate outside of box with coordinating designer papers.
- Cut strips of Stampin' Up! window sheet to invisibly lift embellishments out of box.
- Use glue dots to secure embellishments to strip of window sheet and the window sheet to the box.
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to give added dimension.
- Before attaching your embellishments give them a "test run" hold them in place and fold the box flat to make sure they stay within the confines of the card.
- Find more tips and some product recommendations here: Mother's Day Pop Up Card
Need More Instruction?
If you need more instructions or think a video tutorial will help...check out YouTube. There are tons of videos showing how to make a card similar to this one.
I used some retired items...(and they're on clearance)
- Stampin' Up! Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper gave this box, the bright and cheerful look I was going for. This paper has been retired, but as luck would have it...it is available for only $4.39 on the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack.
- The Secret Garden Framelit Dies which I used to cut out the flowers and leaves are also on the Clearance Rack for only $14.99.
- My complete supply list is at the end of this post.
Alternatives for the retired items
Unfortunately, the Secret Garden stamp set that I used, is retired and no longer available. But thankfully, there are several excellent alternatives in the current catalog. Either of these would work beautifully to achieve the same effect.
Click on any image for more information or to shop the Stampin' Up! On-Line Store.