Google+

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Masculine Birthday Card - Train Traveler


Traveler Stamp Set for A Masculine Card
I've been trying to stock up on some masculine cards. It seems like I never have a card suitable for a guy when I need it.

I purchased the Stampin' Up! Traveler stamp set with that specific purpose in mind. The images are perfect for a masculine card and with a sentiment from the And Many More stamp set it can be made to suit almost any occasion.

Playing with Punches
When I was designing this card, I thought it needed a little more detail than just the image and sentiment. The crescent moons were the perfect touch. They imitate the circular front of the train...sort of like the light radiating out from the head light or the the sound waves traveling from the horn...Okay, maybe I over thought that a little. But they do add a nice touch. :-)

The crescents were created by punching out a circle with the 2 1/2" circle punch and then punching again from the same piece of cardstock, overlapping  the punch with the first area that was punched out.


Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's card
Click on any image for more information or to visit the Stampin' Up! on-line store.



Happy Crafting!
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: