Google+

Friday, May 22, 2015

A Double Challenge and Triple Thanks


A Double Challenge
My allergy induced brain fog is starting to lift thanks to lots of Sudafed and Allegra. But I am still feeling the need for a little inspiration.

For today's card, I combined two challenges. I turned to the Pals Paper Arts challenge for my layout and for my color palette I referred to the ColourQ Challenge.


Tone on Tone
For the tone on tone butterflies I combined:
  • Strawberry Slush and Rose Red
  • Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay
  • Tangerine Tango and Cajun Craze

Bakers Twine and Candy Dots
I wrapped Whisper White Thick Bakers Twine from the Occasions Catalog around the card and secured it to the center of each butterfly with a Daffodil Delight Candy Dot. I had to use an extra glue dot under the twine to keep it in place and stop it from flipping over.

Triple Thanks
I stamped "Thanks" from the Crazy About You stamp sets (one of my new faves) below each butterfly in the matching color. The Whisper White strip of cardstock is 1 1/2" wide which is the exact width to accommodate the butterflies and stamped greeting.

Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's project:
Click on any image for more information or to visit the Stampin' Up! online store.


Happy Crafting!
Diana

5 comments:

  1. Pretty row of butterflies! Love the bright colors! Glad you joined us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, this is such a beautiful, cheery card! Just love how you arranged your color palette! Thanks for including the PPA sketch challenge in your stamping fun this week. Hope you are feeling better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet, Diana! Great job combining the color combo with our PPA sketch -- thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Thank You card, Diana, it is so bright and cheery! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Diana, I like the trio of butterflies! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: