Today's card is a fun gatefold card with an oval cut out...fancy right! Wait 'til you see what else I make later this week.
Keeping it Fresh
After the tall and skinny card challenge, I've been exploring different sized cards and folding techniques. Sometimes a challenge is just what you need to kick start new ideas. We need to keep it fresh!
TIP: Check out my Pinterest board to see some of the folding ideas I've found.
There is no stamping on this card. The sentiment is from the Happiness Is Project Life card collection. I'm telling you...the project life kits are great for card making! I used oval framelits to cut out both the sentiment and the card front to create a cute little peek-a-boo design.
The grid paper is from the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack. This stack coordinates beautifully with the Happiness Is Project Life Pack.
I used the What's Up punch for the arrows. I matched them up on both the front and back of the flap so they would look great whether the card was opened or closed.
Bonus: The Project Life Pack, Moonlight Paper and What's Up Punch are all on the retired list for 50% off. In fact, you could get all three for under $20*
- Cut a piece of cardstock in half the long way to get a piece that measured 4 1/4" x 11".
- Score in 2 3/4" on each side.
- Mat a 5 x 3 3/4" piece of designer paper on to a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of cardstock and cut in half at 2 5/8".
- Mount both pieces to card front
- Place open card on cutting plate on the Big Shot Magnetic Platform.
- Using the Magnetic Platform keeps everything in place.
- Place oval die cutting blade up in center of card. (pic 1)
- Close card over die, sandwich with top cutting plate and run through Big Shot. (pic 2)
Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's project:Click on any image for more information or to visit the Stampin' Up! online store.