Google+

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

It's a MOJO Birthday Bash





MOJO Monday
Today's card is inspired by the MOJO Monday Sketch Challenge. Every now and then I need a little help getting started and I find a creative challenge is just the ticket.


Birthday Bash
I used Birthday Bash Specialty Designer Series Paper for this card. I bought it out of the Occasions Catalog back in January but just opened it today...And boy am I kicking myself for not opening it sooner...I love this paper. I made four cards with it this morning. I'm not sure what inspired me more the MOJO Monday sketch or the Birthday Bash Paper...my money's on the paper.

I am really partial to the Night of Navy patterns. I think they give the cards a nautical feel, which I love.

A Couple of Notes:

  • Use matching paper and the Envelope Liner Framelit Dies to line your envelopes. It gives them a luxurious look.
  • The Birthday Bash Designer Series Paper is in the Ocassions Catalog and only available until June 2.


Itty Bitty Banners
The flags were cut out with my Big Shot and Bitty Banners Framelit die and stamped with the coordinating Itty Bitty Banners stamp set. The banners are actually pointy on both ends but I wrapped one end around the edge of the card to match the challenge. I also added pearls to the navy banner to lighten it up.

NOTE:  The Itty Bitty Banners Stamp set is retiring and is only available until June 2.


Lots of Circles
All of the circles for this card were cut out the the Circles Collection Framelit dies. The circle framelits are invaluable...there are 10 dies which cut circles varying in size from about 1 5/8"  up to 4 3/4". Absolutely terrific for layering!


Stacking the Dimensionals
I wanted my circles to be lifted off the page at different heights. To achieve this, I used Snail adhesive to attach the blue patterned circle, then I used Stampin' Dimensionals on the yellow circle. To lift the stamped cake circle up even higher, I doubled up on the Dimensionals, stacking two on top of each other.


Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's card:
Click on any image for more information or to shop the Stampin' Up! online store.

Happy Crafting!
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: