Google+

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Stampin' Up! Build A Birthday - Stars & Stripes


Triple Challenge
I played three challenges today. They really are such a good starting off point...so much easier than staring at a blank card and trying to decide what I'm going to make. Check out my Card Making Challenges page for a list of challenges you can try.

Today's challenges are the SU-Only Challenge (stars & stripes theme), the TGIF Sketch Challenge and the Paper Players Color Challenge.



The Theme of the Day
All three challenges made me think of 4th of July but I had no 4th of July stamp sets or any striped paper for the sketch challenge. No problem...I used Build a Birthday and Project Life Day to Day. 

I Love it When that Happens
Didn't it work out perfectly? I love it when I can use stamp sets for alternate types of projects.
  • The background stripes were stamped with one of the birthday cake layer stamps.
  • The cake layer stamps also make perfect candles or in this case — firecrackers.
  • The July 4 is from Project Life Day to Day.
  • I didn't notice the Day to Day set had a "th" until after I was finished or I would have stamped July 4th instead of July 4. Oh well, It still looks great!



Pop it Up
I'm sure you know by now how much I love my Stampin' Dimensionals. I double them up under the red star to lift it higher than the blue. 

I also kicked it up a notch by adding some Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of the small stars.



Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's card:
Click on any image for more information or to visit the Stampin' Up! online store.

Happy Crafting!
Diana

18 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! What a great card...I keep going back and looking at it over & over, there's so much fun stuff going on! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnne! I look forward to joining more challenges at Paper Players!

      Delete
  2. What a clever card, Diana! I love your candles turned firecrackers! A perfectly patriotic creation. Thanks so much for playing along with my color challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Loved the colors this week. They were perfect for 4th of July!

      Delete
  3. Diana, I love this card! The firecracker/candles are so clever! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I thought they made perfect firecrackers too. :-) Can't wait to play another challenge with you all over at Paper Players!

      Delete
  4. What a great patriotic card Diana! I love your creative use of stamps and stepped up stars are the perfect embellishment. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! Can't wait for the next challenge!!

      Delete
  5. This turned out fabulously! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! I love getting inspiration from the TGIF Challenge!

      Delete
  6. What a great way to so the versatility of the new stamp set!! Love the colors and the use of the stars- thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Don't you love it when we can use our stamps in ways other than they were intended — So much more bang for the buck! Looking forward to the next challenge!

      Delete
  7. Oh! Love the patriotic candles! SO much fun along with the layers of stars and striped background! Thanks for playing along with the stars and stripes SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I was definitely feeling a patriotic theme this week. :-)

      Delete
  8. SUCH an AWESOME star card- sure to make someone smile!~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome use of all the stamping! I'm with you, I love to see the versatility in stamps and products!! So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! Can't wait to join the next challenge.

      Delete

Comments: