Google+

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

SU Flower Shop Fancy Edge Card — In Color


Challenge Time
Today I played two challenges. The Fab Friday Challenge and the SUO Challenge

Fab Friday
This week the  Fab Friday challenge was to use to use the new Stampin' Up! In Colors — just a few or all five. I chose to use all five. At first it was a bit of a challenge (no pun intended) since I don't especially like Cucumber Crush and Mint Macaron together. While it's still not my favorite color combo, It didn't turn out too bad.


SUO Challenge #125, The Cutting Edge
The second challenge was to create a project, using only Stampin’ Up! products, with at least one of its cut edges as something other than a straight line. 

I made my fancy cut edge with the Flower Shop stamp set and the Pansy Punch. I cut the front of the card base back about an inch and then attached the stamped and punched flowers.

Design Details:
  • The leaves and sentiment are from the Crazy About You Stamp Set
  • I used a piece of Metallic Gold Baker's Twine for the butterfly bodies.
  • Stampin' Dimensionals lift the butterflies off of the card front.

Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's card:
Click on any image for more information or to shop the Stampin' Up! online store.
Built for Free Using:  My Stampin Blog


Happy Crafting!
Diana

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your Flower Shop edge!! Great job with the color challenge as well- thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I've been wanting to make a card with the Flower Shop edge and the SUO Challenge gave me the perfect opportunity :-)

      Delete
  2. I think you've played off using ALL the colors beautifully! I especially love your fancy edge - gorgeous technique! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I like the way the edge came out too!

      Delete
  3. The symmetry of the butterflies and leaves is lovely! So glad you joined in our challenge at SUO this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! Looking forward to the next challenge! :-)

      Delete
  4. Ah...so cheerful! Love the flowers down the edge! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: