Google+

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Stampin' Up! Pretty Petals and Other Designer Papers


A Challenge, or Two, or Three
Today's card incorporates three challenges. MOJO Monday Sketch Challenge, Color Throwdown and the SUO Challenge. The SUO Challenge was to create a project, using Stampin’ Up! products only, where the designer paper is featured in your project. 




All three challenges came together perfectly in my card...much thanks to the great Stampin' Up! Designer Paper.

Let's Talk Paper
Let's start by saying that Stampin' Up! Designer Series papers are by far the best I've ever used. They are double sided, the ideal weight, have a nice feel to them, and coordinate perfectly with the Stampin' Up! inks and accessories. Someone told me when I first joined Stampin' Up! that I would become a "Paper Snob" and they were definitely right! I won't use any other paper. In fact, I just donated my "other" brand papers to the local rec center.

Note: The new, 6" x 6" size of small paper stacks, is exactly the right size for the envelope liner die. This is a terrific improvement over the previous 4.5"  x  6.5" size, which didn't accommodate the dies.

I've been slowly accumulating some of the Designer Series Paper packs from the new Stampin' Up! Catalog, and so far I'm extremely happy! Today, I thought I would give you a little review of what I have so far.



Pretty Petals
I used this on today's card and I am so in LOVE! It's gorgeous! There isn't a single sheet that I don't like. The patterns coordinate beautifully. In fact, I've combined four patterns in this card and it was effortless!
 Go Wild
I also recently purchased the Go Wild Paper Stack — I like this one too — not love, just like. Which is kind of funny because I thought this would be the one that I loved. I think once I get a chance to use this I might bond with it a little more...this may be a slow deep relationship as opposed to the head over heals infatuation I have with Pretty Petals. ;-)


Cherry on Top
I purchased the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack during the Stampin' Up! New Catalog Pre-Order — so I've had it for a while. With this paper, I really like what I call the backside. The more subtle mono-chromatic side. The donut, cake, balloon side is just not quite my style, Although I've seen some pretty amazing cards using them on Pinterest. But for me the more subtle side is best!




Bohemian
This is another paper I purchased during the Stampin' Up! Pre-Order. I LOVE the deep rich colors! but just like Cherry on Top, I think I prefer the more subtle backside of the paper. 



Envelope Paper (Neutrals)
This is another item I just received. This was something I wasn't too sure about but I ordered it anyway and it was a good move! This is lighter weight than the normal Stampin' Up! DSP but it has a super smooth, silky texture and will be awesome for envelopes. I am adding the In-Color pack to my next order!


On Order
And on order is English Garden and Merry Moments Designer Series Papers. They are due to arrive next week. So I'll give you an update on these as soon as UPS delivers.




Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's card:
Click on any image for more information or to visit the Stampin' Up! online store.
Happy Crafting!
Diana

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous design! Love the mix of patterns you used here. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown and at Mojo Monday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used four different patterns and how they coordinate so well- another great thing about Stampin' Up! for sure :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your take on the colors and the sketch...this is beautiful!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. Loved the colors for the challenge!

      Delete
  4. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, and awesome use of your DSP. So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love thetop card on this post! The DSP is one of my favorites in the catalog. I love how you paired it up with the black and white too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbie, I think it's one of my favorites also. I think Bohemian DSP is my second favorite.

      Delete

Comments: