Google+

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

DIY Fall Home Decor - Stampin Up Vintage Leaves


Ready for Fall?
Are you ready for Fall? I am! It's my favorite time of year. Not only because the weather is getting cooler. Although that is a big plus! But because of the decorating.

I enjoy fall decorating even more than Christmas decorating (there's just so much less stress!). I love the earthtone colors and the smells. Who can resist a Pumpkin Spice scented candle or a Pumpkin Spice Latte for that matter.

The Plaque
To kick off my fall decorating I made this gorgeous plaque. Really easy and fun.


Instructions:

  • I started with this pallet plaque from Michael's. It measures 5" x 12" and cost $2.99.
  • Then I used Stampin' Up! Tear and Tape to attached a strip of 2" wide burlap (burlap also from Michael's).
  • Next stamp and cut a variety of leaves with the Stampin' Up! Vintage Leaves bundle. 
  • I stamped tone on tone. Using Rich Razzleberry, Delightful Dijon, Old Olive and Tangerine Tango — you can use any colors that fit your decor.
  • Once my leaves were all cut, I "aged" them with a sponge dauber and Soft Suede ink.
  • Then I curled the edges of the leaves with a pencil — just roll them around the pencil similar to the way you might curl ribbon.
  • Next, let the decorating begin. Arrange the leaves anyway you think they look nice and attach them with a hot glue gun.
  • Use Stampin' Up! Larger Than Life Alphabet stamps to stamp the letters on Crumb Cake cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink.
  • Cut the letters out with your Big Shot and the Circle Collection Framelit Dies.
  • Attach them to the plaque 
    • To give them enough height I cut 1" squares of cardboard from the box my last Stampin' Up! order came in.
    • This wasn't quite enough height so I doubled them up. Gluing the squares together with hot glue.
    • Then I attached the doubled up cardboard squares to the back of the letters with hot glue.
    • Next, I hot glued them to the plaque.
  • The final touch was to add the sequins. I attached them to the plaque with glue dots.

Questions or Comments:
I hope you enjoy this project! If you have any questions or comments you can shoot me an email or leave a comment (below). I would love to hear from you!


Stampin' Up! supplies used to create today's project:
Click on any image for more information or to visit the Stampin' Up! online store.
Built for Free Using:  My Stampin Blog


Happy Crafting!
Diana

1 comment:

Comments: